Wednesday, July 7

Atonement and Redemption: One

Redemption, like anything else worth having, has to be earned.

The Ox is back. Chastened, ashamed, regretful, meek, even. There is much to be sorry for, and plenty to do in the way of reparation. I was tempted to give in and silence the blog forever, but then I realised that the lesson I learnt needs to be shared, and that running away never solves anything.

Perhaps the full import of what I've done may never be known. There needs to be time before I can even remember what I did without flinching. There's always a price to pay, and sometimes it costs more than we can ever expect.

That is part of the lesson. There are others: facing up to the responsibility, admitting faults, putting the money where the mouth is. A friend told me I should stop talking, and start doing. Perhaps, more than anything this is where I should start.

So yes, I'm back. To my readers I apologise for the confusion, and the ambiguity. There is much to be done, and though I am in no way worthy of your support, I accept it with thanks.

To redemption, and new beginnings.

|