Wednesday, September 8

Pre Interview Jitters

It's about 15 minutes before I have to leave for the interview, and I'm kinda antsy. As usual, the internet provides the stress relief I so badly need, and here are some more interesting links for the more game-oriented among us:

BrainDonut.com
With a tagline of "where good ideas evolve", BrainDonut is Alan Dennis's endeavour to provide a forum for game enthusiasts, developers and also academics to discuss various issues pertaining to video game theory and design. Excellent stuff, if only because he writes coherently and there's no leetspeak! Yay! Join the forums, they're free!

Game Girl Advance
A gaming site run by girls, but not only for them. Well written, informative and downright fun, GGA is one of the hottest sites for cerebral game discussions around. If you're going over, you may want to check out their take on GameSpot's Academics and Gaming post.

Grand Text Auto
I first found out about this group blog from the aforementioned GameSpot article. Michael Mateas heads this blog about "procedural narrative, games, poetry and art". It's a scintillating read, and one that seriously reinforces my belief that video games are ready to grow up and rule the world (okay maybe not that yet).

Well, I'm off to the interview. Wish me luck!

--------------------------
As of this time, the interview's done, and I think I may have just sealed my fate as the black sheep of the faculty. Details on the blog, later tonight.

Seeya, folks.

|