Monday, May 3

Hot And Bothered

Sitting in the stifling May heat, you realise you're lost. That little switch in your head you'd thought you wouldn't flip got flipped anyway and suddenly everything changes:

You no longer care what happens to the world, or the minds you're supposed to mold and educate.
You do well at your job because you hope it will take you somewhere else, eventually (maybe even somewhere better).
You give up on relationships because they all break down eventually.
You get tired of being the nice guy.
You get tired. Period.

I rant a lot these days. I realised this myself and from the people around me. It seems I've run out of anything nice to actually say. Maybe that's a sad thing. Maybe it's a reflection of what's going on in my head. For better or worse, I've changed. Evolved, you might say.

I never said anything before because there was no need. But now I have to let it out. Some people may like it (although I have a feeling many won't). That's alright, because there's only going to be one person other than God who knows what it's like being in my head, and that's me.

So stay in your happy little bubbles. Please.
It's for your own good.

|