Wednesday, May 12

Night Fever! Night Fever!

I just had one of the best nights of my life. Thanks to PY, my second birthday present came early as well, in the form of tickets to Saturday Night Fever at the Istana Budaya. In a nutshell: the musical was excellent, the MUSIC exuberant, and the company impeccable. There was PY and Zsarina, also Jack and his enchanting other half (which I can't name because I have no idea how to spell it, sorry!). In short, this is one really happy Ox on a Wednesday morning.



Having only been to see musicals at the Istana twice, I'm no critic. But IMHO the players were really good, the aforementioned Bee Gee renditions fresh and the dancing, oh the dancing. I think energetic would have been the word for it. The cast managed to make even the most reserved looking attendee tap their feet or bob their head in time with the score, and what a score it was. There's no mistaking that these people really know their stuff, and when the night culminated in a triple encore on stage, EVERYONE got up to dance. Even me (and I can't dance to save my life). Saturday Night Fever is truly quality entertainment. Voices were good all around, with very convincing Travolta and Karen Lynn Gorney (thanks to PY and IMDB for the info)impressions by the leads. Sets were just nice and the sound was quite good (but then again I've not had professional training).

After taking off our boogie woogie shoes we adjourned to this little secluded (beach club, according to Jack) cafe somewhere in Sentul, where we sampled some of the best chicken rendang on nasi lemak ever. Now if only I can remember how to get my arse back there...

Well, it's late, and I have to work in a couple hours. Have a good midweek folks!

|