Tuesday, July 27

Grounded Ox Vol 1

Whaddya know? I've been so out of it these past few days that the moment I log on and open my Bloglines page the whole world's suddenly moved a couple inches. So much for thinking we're the centre of the universe, eh (well I'm still gonna think I'm the centre of mine, so there).

Anyway. The blighted car's not fixed yet and I just spent the better part of the day slogging through Sungei Wang with my brother, looking for some stuff he needs to take back to Kulim. Normally this wouldn't be much of a chore but without a car, man you really learn to live a little. Also, I think I burnt at least some of that fat I seem to be so attached to (fie on you thin people, especially you, Sashi!). So until the workshop clears the backlog of fixed cars (guess what the junior mechanics are all taking leave one after the other!) my car will be a semi-permanent fixture outside the shop, at least until Wednesday.

Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to walk 2 bloody kilometres up and down just to get some chow, but then again when God wants you to learn something, He just ups and does it. No contest there, God. I reckon the lesson of the week is Humility, and also penance for some undisclosed sins in me past (which shall remain undisclosed, thank you). So the next few days will be spent in quiet contemplation, lots of walking and taking of baths and also..the odd gaming session or three, which is now easier thanks to the addition of a VGA box to me PC, allowing anything with a composite/S-Video output to be viewed on the monitor thus saving my sister and me any more bickering about who gets the telly at nights. Before anyone says anything yes that was a long sentence.

Also on my list is to see what else happens to the so-called preparations for the faculty's tenth birthday. Last I heard everyone's in a bind. How so unexpected. So until I'm mobile again, have a good week and DO spare a kind thought for a grounded old soul on enforced leave that he will have to pay for.

Cheerio.

p/s: I've got a rant or two on some irresponsible blokes last Sunday, but that will have to wait.

|