Saturday, September 11

Saturdays

It's assessment day +2, and as expected, the internail email system is inundated with warm congratulatory messages heaping bucketfuls of warm praise on our supposed "success".

Oh wow.

Is it surprising to know that most of these messages came from the ones who were very adamant on how "good" we were in the first place? One of my favourites reads something like this (and I paraphrase):

"..we small soldiers, who have often bled for the good of the faculty congratulate it on its resounding success. Hopefully this small victory will heal the cuts and bruises.."

and assorted bullshit. Ironic when the same person who sent this was one of the people who tried to subtly shut me up during the meeting, and a couple months before, when she was yelling on the phone to several different people regarding her status we thought she was one of us.

I guess it doesn't really take that long for people to forget (especially when the Merc MPV is sitting outside). Speaking about money, I'm intrigued to see what Pak Lah has in store for us civil servants, since I've never seen more than a half month's bonus in what, four years?

I'm not greedy, really. I don't expect to be paid what some of my friends in the corporate and private sectors do (that would just be silly). Hell, gimme a full month's bonus, and I'll be grateful. You know, for the little things one likes to give oneself, or savings even.

Oh well, we'll see. In the meantime, I've got a parental visit to prep for and when things have settled down race and crash a few cars in Burnout 3. Mmmm. Oh, and if you're still reading, this is something I really wish we had in paintball arenas over here.

Oooh. Be still my poor beating heart.

Cheers.

------------------------------

Coming soon: Collateral reviewed!

|