Thursday, October 21

Internet Milagros, and Jantelov

Last night I dreamt that Giorgio Armani, Carrie Bradshaw and Samantha from Sex and The City were having nasty threesome sex on my bed.

This resulted in me waking up late today, and I ended up coming into the office a little after nine. No, I don't know why they chose to use my particular bed for the romp either, and -

yes ladies and gentlemen, I watched. It's amazing the little details you remember from your dreams. Other than that, it's been a pretty much uneventful week, with the most exciting thing happening being -

wait, nothing's happened. It's as if life has slowed down to a near permanent state of Bullet Time, and even the office internet access reached a record 45kBps download speed, the fastest I remember since I started working in the university four years ago. Which reminds me, here's something mildly amusing I found whilst trawling the net. It's called the Jantelov (or Law of Jante in Danish). Supposedly, it's every Dane's subconscious way of facing the world, and potential visitors to the country would do well to bear these 10 commandments in mind:

1. You shouldn't think you're anything special
2. You shouldn't think you're as much as us
3. You shouldn't think you're smarter than us
4. You shouldn't think you're better than us
5. You shouldn't think you know more than us
6. You shouldn't think you are more than us
7. You shouldn't think you're any good
8. You shouldn't laugh at us
9. You shouldn't think anybody likes you
10. You shouldn't think you could teach us anything

If I remember correctly, Idlan found a slightly gay-oriented page that somewhat explains the concept of Jantelov. You may ask her (surprise, she's a girl!) for the details of that. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm off. I wonder what celebrities will grace my bed with their antics tonight.

Cheers, people.

-----------------------------

Track of the day: Red Right Hand, Nick Cave

|