Saturday, October 30

Saturday Night Live - At Home

It's a cold, wet Saturday night, and I'm glad I'm home. This weekend is a long one (one of the perks of working in Selangor) and I'm relishing the thought of having a night to myself without worrying about what time I need to get up tomorrow or whether I've put in enough fuel for the 35 km trip to work (which I have).

There's still Return Of The Jedi to watch, Black Hawk Down to test my audio setup with, the Xbox primed and ready and I even managed to get my Hitchikers' Guide to The Galaxy Omnibus back (which DOES include Mostly Harmless, Sashi).

This week has been quite an interesting one for anthropologists everywhere, with the discovery of a new species of humans barely a metre tall. As I read the oodles of related news that have been popping up on the subject, I remember the old fairy tales my I used to hear when I was a kid, of the little people, and "Awang Kenit" (lit. Tiny Awang). The latest developments indicate that the researchers may have gotten their hand on actual hair (free registration required to access the article), which makes DNA testing possible. It's somehow exhilirating to imagine that in this hyper-developed world of ours a species of small, tool-wielding and bamboo raft navigating humans have been existing alongside ourselves all this while. All of a sudden I feel like picking up my copy of Conan Doyle's Lost World again.

The downside of these quiet weekends is that if I'm not careful I can be very easily sucked into a depressive episode (which happens every once in awhile), and this is an occurrence I'd like to hold off for as long as possible. We can't win em all, I guess.

So have a good weekend, and I hope you find yourself doing the things you enjoy the most (or failing that, being able to pretend that the things you're doing ARE the ones you enjoy).

It's all in the delivery, remember?

Ta!.

|