Monday, July 7

It's Getting Hot in Here (So Hot)

Whoa. Temperature's been very very high in the little nook where I work, and I dreaded even having to go out of the office to get lunch or re-park my car. That bad. Usually I don't mind a little heat, but today was really something else. Also, having to lecture for 2 hours straight does not help my throat. I was practically barking by the end of the lecture, and, to top it all off..I didn't realise my nose was bleeding until I got into the car. Damn! This means I have now publicly humiliated myself in front of 200 students! Damn!

It was tough on the kids, since a 4-6 pm class (in an un air-cond hall) doesn't really bring out the best in anyone. Besides, the topic today was I/O Devices...and no one can possibly flunk that one! I could see the light slowly die in their eyes, so I struck a deal: I'd finish the class early if they agree to do a mini assignment to present during the final hour of the class tomorrow. Needless to say, the looks of appreciation was to die for. I only wish at least some of what I was blabbing about got into their heads!

The buzz generated by the blog meet still hasn't really died yet. Every other blog has the participants and a whole lot of other people posting to get the juicy details or even ask for another meetup..which is cool. It really felt like a connection was made that Saturday, and I haven't felt this level of camaraderie in a long, long while. I only wish that all the people who have good impressions of me never ever bump into me when I'm an arse, which can happen quite often! Heheh..but seriously, I suppose we should all be ourselves and "burn the bridge when we get there", as I told Hani.

Having air-conditioning is moot when you have a gaping hole in your window. As I look out at the pretty lights of Subang, I am so tempted to just get in my car and drive..somewhere. Anywhere. Oh well..maybe this weekend. I like midnight drives..used to do it all the time. Drive out to the middle of KL and back, having long conversations in the car... oops! Memory attack!

All the things that I used to say
All the words that got in the way
All the things that I used to know
Have gone out the window


Well..here's to another great week..friendships made, fun to be had and also..knowledge to be gotten. Warm, fuzzy feelings....yum.
Good night, people!



|