Monday, August 18

Is it Really Monday?

Oh man, here I was thinking it was already Tuesday. No such luck, it seems. Well, it's been a good day, in fact. The fever's receding, I actually sound better, and there's this very nicely done discussion on religion going on in PPS that I think is very healthy indeed! (Now remember, before any of you decide to label me a heretic, read very carefully, aight?). Let's recap my early start to the week, since I promised Hani I would (heheh):

Sunday: I moaned, I groaned and I whined. But in the end, the Ox left with foot firmly in mouth. I guess for people who're used to it, it gets boring after awhile. And maybe it'll get boring for me, too someday. Until that day comes, however, I don't think I'll be able to forget what it felt like entering the hall as a lecturer, looking at the parents, the students, the air abuzz with pomp and ceremony. Proud, expectant, happy faces. For some parents, coming down all the way was worth it, I think. Worth it to see their children do well, breathing huge sighs of relief at the same time, I suspect. I drove home in a rather introspective mood. I realised that for some reason, I had been given a chance to power. Not in the traditional sense, but power to help shape minds, and perhaps open them.

Heavy responsibility, indeed.

Today: I woke up thinking it was already Tuesday. Typical. I got another surprise as I strode into the office. I'm to be Master of Ceremonies at the ITSIM 2K3 conference in the Crown Princess this September. Am international conference! Researchers, potential PhD supervisors galore! The prospect of conducting such a big (to me, at least) do appears to be daunting, but I'd like to think it's a good chance for me to see what I'm made of. And I just found out that graceshu is no longer blogging. A sad loss to the blogosphere. She writes such wonderful imagery. Whereever you are, my dear..I wish you well.

Hmm. Tummy's making noises already. See you later, people!

|