Thursday, August 14

Post-Car Repair Bliss

It's about 5pm, I'm blogging, and I've just spent RM 700 on my car. Oh, and I've had a pretty good afternoon. Not bad for a Thursday. Thinking about it, I'm glad I forked out the money (albeit reluctantly). The engine's quiet, I have a new set of tyres (or tires) and they even knocked out some of the irritating dents from my door, finally allowing me to open it fully.

Yes, my Kancil is a battered old thing, but I love it anyway. For some reason, I was quite calm as I counted the thick wad of notes and passed it on to Mr Yap (I don't have a credit card, not yet). I think it's the effect of growing up. The thought of not being able to make it to work or anywhere else safely just overrides any other thought. And getting behind the wheel, I saw it was worth it.

For now, at least.

Well, the Ox is tired now, and will probably laze around some more. Take care, people, and see you tomorrow for Freaky Friday!

|