Wednesday, August 13

The Ox Loses Money, Again

Yup, you read that right. In its infinite wisdom, my little white horse (or Kancil, rather) decided to pull a hair-raising, death defying trick today. In the middle of one of the worst thunderstorms I've ever had to drive through, to boot. I got the message, though. Therefore the Ox has decided to take tomorrow off in order to supplicate the gentle beast. Lucky for me the mechanic's just down the hill.

I did a little mental arithmetic earlier and figured that the repairs will cost just a wee bit shy of RM 700. Yes, you read that right. Since the long awaited backpay does not seem to be any nearer on the horizon, I thank God I have an emergency fund. Still, the thought of losing it all at once gives me the shivers.

Oh well, I suppose I'll have to make the most of it. If life gives you lemons, and all that. Errk.

Goodnight, people. I hope Mr Gaiman can make me feel better. And I've got Rushdie on tap too, just in case.

|