Tuesday, October 14

Aaargh!

It's almost midnight. I am awake, suddenly nervous. Would you believe I've been spending the last hour or so trying to soak up on anything that may be useful for the coming trip (you may have realised that I haven't travelled all that much). Anyway, here's a secret:

Until 4.00 pm this afternoon, I did not have any idea what this whole trip was all about, or who was going. Sure, I half remembered several visiting professors from some uni there, but I was away from the faculty when they came, and thus missed out on the whole shebang. Okay. So tomorrow morning I'm to see the Deputy Dean of Academics for a briefing on my 'official' function on the trip, bearing in mind I am replacing one of the most senior members of the faculty.

Ooo - er.

Number two: Thanks to some of you, I now have a vague idea of what to pack. A big heartfelt thank you goes out to those of you who've offered to lend me your jackets/windbreakers. Still, with barely 3 days to go, the prospect DOES seem slightly daunting, because:

I have another 150 answer scripts to finish by Friday, one student in PTPL Shah Alam to evaluate Wednesday afternoon, and another one Thursday morning. And did I mention tomorrow (or today) is already Wednesday? Arrghh! So all I have to do now is finish up the marking, dash through the evaluations, get the jackets/suitcases what have you, shop for some additional stuff and pack it all in before Saturday.

Can I do it again? Arrghh! Panic attack!

Looks like it's gonna be a sleepless night for the Ox. Gah.

Stay tuned.

|