Wednesday, October 8

Midweek Madness

Again, it's midnight and I can't sleep. It's been a cold couple of nights recently, meaning there's never been a better time to catch up on some shuteye. So many things to do, some directly my fault (since I am a Master Procrastinator) and others just seem to drop in me lap. Ugh. In any case, to chase away these omnipresent depressing thoughts, I shall share with you my a list of upcoming movies grouped by how I think of 'em.

Yay. What stimulating content. Here goes:

Movies I'm Psyched About
1) Kill Bill
Uma Thurman, David Carradine and Lucy Liu in a Tarantino flick? Count me in. Thurman is the protagonist, an assassin betrayed and seeking revenge from her mysterious employer, known only as Bill (Carradine). Martial arts action, violence, and even a dash of anime all thrown in Tarantino's peculiar style. I'm hoping it works.

2) Once Upon A Time In Mexico
What is it about Robert Rodriguez? I dunno. But with Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek reprising their earlier roles in Desperado, as well as almost all the other actors from that movie, I'm definitely going to watch this one. Besides, it's got freakin' Johnny Depp! God knows I'll watch anything with him in it. And Willem Dafoe as a drug lord? Yaay! It should be showing soon-ish.

3) Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy
Finally! After a long hiatus, the film is coming to the big screen, under Disney, no less! Scripted by the same feller who gave us Chicken Run (closely based on Doug Adams' book) I'm crossing my fingers AND toes that I'll be able to see Arthur Dent and Marvin the Paranoid Android cavorting on screen! Yay!

4) Lord Of The Rings: Return of The King
All good stories should have an ending. And judging from the trailer, the final instalment will be one huge lip-smacking delight. Can't wait to see Aragorn and the gang again.

5) The Rundown
The Rock as action hero? I cringed during the Mummy Returns and Scorpion King, but reviews say this little piece of celluloid kicks butt! Am definitely going to see if Mr Johnson can pull off a Willis.

Movies I'm Curious To See
1) The Matrix Revolutions
Okay. I know bazillions of fans all over the world are sooo excited about this final episode, but I'm just interested to see how the Wachowskis will end the trilogy. Hopefully there'll be less pseudophilosophical gibberish and more of what made the first Matrix great. And for God's sake! Please, no more raves!

2) League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Having read the comic book, I'm just waiting to see if Steve Norrington can deliver a tight action package with a little British schoolboy hero flavour. Failing that, suspending my disbelief will do.

3) Darkness
Horror-thriller with Anna Paquin. Looks creepy, and everyone knows the Ox is a horror geek.

4) Underworld
Kate Beckinsale, fresh out of nurses' school is transformed into a werewolf hunting vampire. No, I'm not kidding you.

5) The Two Sisters
Korean horror flick, based on popular myth. I KNOW I'm going to watch this one, and most probably alone. Sigh.

Movies That I Just Don't Give a Sh** About
1) Superman
Yup, it's still underway, although no one can say for sure who's playing the title hero or if there's even a director! I'm sure they'll mess up the mythology anyway, so who cares?

2) House of 1000 Corpses
Rob Zombie's directorial debut? Word of advice: Direct to Video. Enough said.

Actually there are too many in the latter category to mention. I'll be adding more to the list as we continue on our spiral outside 2003. Till next time, people!

|