Thursday, August 5

This IS Random, Mum!

An appalling thought (to me, anyway) just struck me. Since I seem to be having fewer and fewer things to blog about, is this the beginning of the end for The Insane Ox Speaks? Has the part of my brain that comes up with these sometimes smart (and often just puerile) ramblings (I shudder to use the word these days) begun to disintegrate, in the wake of the new and powerful wave called "serious" blogging? Am I destined to take myself seriously and leave the self-serving, attention-seeking, technogadget-loving self behind? Will I do this now, or put it into my ever-growing list of things to do (right after "fix life quick")?

To quote a character from Shaun of The Dead: fuck-a-doodle-doo, I think bloody not.

The past few days (weeks more likely) have been a huge gauntlet of emotions (and I DO mean gauntlet, instead of the oft-used gamut) with me running through the whole spectrum of feelings until my conscious mind just can't keep up anymore. I feel like I've just been through one really long cycle on the washer on "low" and someone forgot to put in any softener (try asking your sweater how it feels after one of those) and I can only imagine how it's gonna feel when it's rinsing time.

Am I depressed? Worried? Scared? Fragile? Yes, and no. I was all those things up to a few hours ago when I decided to take a bath so am now on a temporary reprieve (I suspect the water here has been tampered with by suspicious Governmental task forces in order to keep us all marginally functioning, how's that for a conspiracy theory) . Still, I've pretty much given up on trying to control what my body wants to feel (as long as it knows what it's doing) and have resorted to transcribing the chaotic flow of thoughts in my head on this Thursday evening.

If you're still reading at this point, God bless your mortal soul (or if you don't have one, whatever it is you think you'd like to have blessed) since this is dreadfully boring tripe, even for me. So, as to not disappoint you (and render your reading efforts in vain) I enclose here several tidbits of import to me(!!) and a Gmail invite.

First one to email me and asks nicely gets it. Of course, you could also send in risque pictures to help. Those are always welcome.

Back to the posts! The posts!

They said it was impossible to do. One man proves that 8 miles of wire, some soldering tools and a lot of time can be put to interesting use. Behold, the PalmPsOne .

Bill's got something up his sleeve if he thinks he can buy out Nintendo. I wonder what Yamauchi's got to say about this, although honestly IMHO there isn't room for THREE game consoles, not with Sony's marketing muscle.

Also, BlueToothers beware! A BlueTooth Sniper Gun has just been unveiled at Defcon, and it can blast your mobiles from a kilometre away. Ouch!

Last but not least, after the NCSA linked 70 PS2s last year, a group of Computer Science students and enthusiasts are linking 35 Xboxes together to form Voltron!! Okay, not Voltron, but a supercomputer! Tres cool.

Right. In the spirit of "serious" blogging, and because I too am tired of being the only one to take myself seriously and hence need other people to think that way too, I have performed the unthinkable! This entry (if you notice) has personal bits AND some more "geeky-useful-links" bits!

Huzzah! So until next time, when the Ox tackles the only subject Kenyan parrots don't talk about (religion!) in a totally unbiased, rational and un-inflammatory way (what, this is possible?) have a good rest of the week!

|