Monday, August 2

When Stress Strikes: Buying Rampage

Warning: totally masturbatory post ahead, and I'm not kidding. This post was written with the assumption that all three of my readers will not recognise a bit of self-serving, egostentialist poo amidst all the other pseudo-smart entries. And the answer is still 42, by the way. If you've surfed over here by mistake thinking there are pictures of nude women, you'll want to go here. Ditto nude men. Otherwise, just take this as it is: incoherent thoughts from a very worried mind.

I realised something just now. Whenever I'm stressed/depressed/worried/a combination of all three the inner geek in me goes on a rampage. A buying rampage, I mean. It's like a whole perverted take on the retail therapy concept, only instead of buying clothes (which I need very, very badly) I get all excited about very expensive gadgets I don't need. Now, if you'll all be so kind as to look at the picture below, and extrapolate the price/state of stress ratio you'll realise the state of mind I'm in these days.



That silver beauty is the brand-spanking new Sony Ericsson K700. Some of you may have seen the ad in cinemas. It's gotten rave reviews so far barring some omitted features, and I have to confess I yearn for it more and more every day. Do I need it? Definitely not, but do I want it? Oh God yes. Sure my Samsung E700's barely a year old, and God knows I could use the money for other more important things in life, but like last year, this particular couple of weeks has been a period of high stress for me, and I don't see it ending any time soon (for those new readers, last year at about this time I bought my Xbox).

This is bad. I'm supposed to be saving, not planning to spend any more money. So until I find a bad review of the mobile, I suppose I'll be hatching all sorts of plans to get it. In everyday terms this simply means that under no circumstances must I be allowed near Sungei Wang (well at least till this irrational bout of madness has passed). Also, this stress all time high better plateau or drop soon, or I will be a poorer Ox.

Oh good God. I'd better get some sleep before I think of anything else to add to my wishlist (or should we call it the stresslist?). In the meantime..I'll just watch old episodes of V and Transformers Masterforce, in the vain hope that the inner geek will be satisfied. Hell, if he still makes noise, I'll have no choice but to feed him Alf reruns.

Reviews:

  1. Mobile-Review.com's take on the K700
  2. Esato's Review
  3. Pocket-lint's Review
  4. GSM Arena does a review too!
Some more pics of my latest obsession here.

Cheers!

|