Monday, July 28

Precious Illusions

It's been a hell of a week for the Ox. Crazy rushing to finish up work for the seminar this Wednesday (is it really this week?), then the Langkawi faculty trip from this Thursday all through Sunday. And in between, all the little details, the photo shoots, the chairing of the floor....urrrgh. This looks like a long, long week. The weekend was alright, even if everything was slightly blurry. I do remember some crazy stuff on Friday (oh you don't want to know), then work early Saturday morning..which worked out quite nicely since Jo was kind enough to invite me over for lunch karaoke (I'd like to nominate the fellas who came up with the RM 7 for 3 hour concept for sainthood, please). And then, after a hearty dinner of fatty crabs and warm toasted Delifrance baguettes, not to mention Jo's mum's yummy Yong Chow fried rice, finally ending with pancakes and durian sauce (oh my oh my). And then, to top it all off, several hours of shooting the warm, slightly smoky Bangsar breeze with the Meesh. Finally stumbled home late on Saturday night (sorry KaZ, the dinner thing took longer than expected, and I forgot I promised to see Meesh, hee hee).

Sunday dawned lazily, as it should. I spent some time getting up properly, since my head was still swimming with all that's been going on the past few days. My life hasn't exactly been the most cookie-cutter, run of the mill, although sometimes I like to think it is. I've gotten up to interesting, even downright risky stuff sometimes, but in the end, you learn something..which is good. Lucky for me (again), Jo decided to pick me up for brunch and then to Pyramid, where he was looking for some software for his iPaq. We even managed to sneak in an hour's worth of cooperative Halo on the Xbox. It was good to de-stress..which makes me think..shall I get an XBox for myself, this Christmas? (for the curious ones, yes, I wish people a Happy, Merry Christmas even though I'm muslim, because we're in Malaysia, and also I'm cool like that. Also because I feel like getting myself something nice, this year).

He sent me back just in time too, as this freak thunderstorm suddenly landed on us and left my area with no Streamyx access for most of the day. Grr. Still, I had the PS2, so I devoted the rest of the day to exploring the beauty that is Magic Pengel. Ahh.

Oh well, here's to a bloody crazy week that's about to start, to all the weird things that have been happening, and also to all that's going to happen. This week's posts will end tomorrow, so with any luck I'll be seeing you guys again next Monday. Have a good week, be safe, and God bless.

Cheers!



|