Sunday, July 20

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Shameless plug: look at my fotoblog.

Hello, people. Am currently sitting with a stiff (read: painful) neck on a Sunday afternoon. The lazy kind. Been a good couple of days, though, if the bags under my eyes are any indication. Started out with dinner on Friday at a steamboat place. Not too bad, with a Mongolian spin on the cuisine (there was no yak meat, though). Then since we were lazy to go back so early, decided to drop by Planet (again) to see the Big Band. Ended up going back at 2 or so (after the final set). Yeah, good music and good company mix very well indeed. Was v. nice of Jo to stay back (he had to drive to Penang the next day) but I could tell he was enjoying himself. Would have met up with KaZ, but he was unavoidably detained at a friend's, heheh.

Made my weary way back home around two something, partly deaf, stumbled inside, changed, and fell into a good dreamless sleep, the kind we chase but rarely get.

The next day dawned late, and I was greeted with painful (cheery) needles down my neck and shoulders. Headbanging indeed. Ouch. Cursed the morning away, then got ready for Karaoke with some blogger girls. Meesh couldn't make it, so there was only me, Hani, Irene, Grace, Callista and Rach (in no particular order). Good, clean fun. Being the only guy is an interesting experience. Fortunately, having received training from someone (yes you know who you are) back in the day, I wasn't so badly off and managed to play host at least competently, I think (this sounds like another shameless plug). Interesting, interesting indeed, and I even got to sit down with Irene and talk beforehand, during lunch. Comparative religion, the workings of the press, legal implications. Dave's Deli never tasted better (even if I did lose two beautiful GBAs there. Waaaaah!!!).

After 4 wholesome hours, it was then upstairs to Giant (where Irene and Grace had to do a little shopping) and then dinner at Kenny Rogers' Singing Chicken, before we all finally parted ways around nine. Such fun. Thanks, girls. This Ox was very very happy, not to mention pooped.

But later that night, for some strange reason I couldn't sleep. Very late, I needed to do something, go somewhere. So I took my camera, jumped in the car, and drove. Headed for KL, Sultan Ismail, hoping to capture some flesh. God decided to spare my eyes, though, and so it rained. Wonderful fat drops, heavier by the minute. I snapped away, oblivious, and also careful to not crash into anything. Swung round Hartamas, snapping some more pictures before I realised I was very very sleepy. So made my way back, and like the night before, collapsed into oblivion. Nice.

Youth is wasted on the young, they say.
But the old waste their youth.
Heheh.

Too hot to think. Updates later!


|