Tuesday, July 8

Seriously Good News

Another hot day, but I don't mind one bit. The reason being: I made lecturer! Yay!! A temporary lecturer, but I get all the benefits. Just as I wanted. My persistence hounding the dean paid off, as the university board meeting today concluded that they would grant me and my colleagues that particular status for three years, after which we may stop or continue working there. Woohoo! At least now I can breathe a bit easier, since 2006 is when my bond ends. Am still a little frazzled (and tired), so I'll save the long posts for tonight and leave you with some tech-y tips for today:

RSS Feeds
I'm trying to get my own RSS feed! Somehow, the won't update itself with the latest time of posts, even when I compared a fellow blogspot user's page source and copied him EXACTLY. Anyone know what I did wrong? Would gladly welcome the help! Meanwhile, get some free readers here:

Feedreader.com

FeedDemon.com -this is Beta, but it works okay!

Newsmonster.org -This is for Mozilla users. Slightly buggy, according to jobert, but still it works.

So how the hell do you read an RSS feed? That's why you need the above readers. Simply launch the reader, in my case FeedReader, click on New, and enter the URL of the feed you want. Now some may be wondering how to set up a feed for their blog or any favourites they may have. Try these (free) RSS generators. They're a good starting point to understand how RSS works..and trust me, I'm as green as they come!

Blogstreet.com

Blogmatrix.com


Enjoy!





|