Friday, August 29

Farewells, and Goodnights

Hello people. Sorry about the lack of updates..it's been a busy day as the Ox prepares to leave for home this morning. As some of you may have noticed, my car battery died yesterday, leaving me in a rush to fix it. Thanks to the wonderful Mr Yap and his team (not to mention my lovely Maxis Assistance staff), my car was up and running by the afternoon. In any case, I don't know if there'll be updates till Monday at least, when I get back..but do check out my phlogger from time to time. I may decide to post pearls of wisdom (or stupidity) there.

Seems like everyone's gearing up to leave someplace. Najah, Jikon, some other friends of mine, me. The prospect of travelling always excites me (unless it's enforced travel, which stunts my excito-neurons) and even though it's just an hour's drive, it's been awhile since I've gone home. It may be good to soak in the solitude of home again..and shoot bullseyes with my brother. Well, here's hoping everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend, and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Malaysia happy birthday. No matter how much I rant and rave, I still have a soft spot for it. I guess that's part of what keeps me going on sometimes.

It's been a tumultuous few years in our country's history, and I'm guessing there'll be some more turbulence up ahead. But it's okay, because I know for sure that there ARE people who want the change, will work for it, and CAN actually do something about it..and to all these people, big or small...thank you. The Ox doesn't have riches or titles to give away. But whatever God you worship will know what you do, and I pray we all will be able to weather the storms ahead as our little country grows up some more.

Again, selamat menyambut hari Merdeka, and wherever we go, maybe we can just take one minute to reflect on where we've been, where we are...and where we're going.

Looks like a fun ride to me.

|