Thursday, September 11

All Your CC Are Belong To Us

Okay. Managed to find a working CC in Segamat..and am typing amidst the sounds of people getting blown to bits and gunfire. Yeah, almost feel like one of those fake war correspondents the US makes Fox send every few days. In any case, the sounds of CounterStrike and Warcraft III are a welcome change from the dull hum that is my room airconditioning. And did I mention that today I had the displeasure of checking into the suckiest hotel room ever? Maybe I should bring the brochure and its enticements back, so we can all huddle and have a good laugh, eh?

Right now, I'm sweaty, smelly and in desperate need of TLC. As I mentioned on phlogger, watching Harry meet Sally is very very disheartening when you know you have to come back to an empty house. (Sigh) Unfortunately, all I have is an uninviting bathroom (people who know me will know just how freakin' particular I am about that). Ugh. I take small consolation from the fact that I'll be heading up north again tomorrow..but still it's been an interesting trip to say the least. Driving almost 700 km (and spending God knows more than that), seeing the things I see...gives a guy some perspective. And I've got loads of time to talk to myself since then. Not that I don't do it every now and then, but trust me, nothing beats enforced solitude on the road to instill a bit of steel in a guy's back.

I expect to be suitably tired and exhausted come tomorrow...so I won't even think of catching up on all the blogs I've missed this week. That can wait till Monday. And I think, you can too, my friends.

P/s: For those Jap movie fans, Takeshi Kitano just won an award at Cannes for his remake of Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman. He rawwks!

Regards from Segamatville,
Ash.ox

|