Monday, September 1

There and Back Again

Hey people. It's Monday, it's a public holiday, and the Ox is back. Finally. I started out early to beat any possibility of a jam, and was pleased to encounter very few vehicles on the road. That's the way I like it best: morning drives. In any case, have tons of errands to run (chiefly cleaning the house after being absent 3 days) and am expecting to be reasonably pooped tonight. Oh well.

Merdeka at home was as I expected: quiet. In a politically divided town like mine, one can't be too careful (sigh). Long story, and one I'll divulge perhaps over coffee (anyone buying?). However, there were some pleasant surprises, noticeably my brother's sudden aptitude for the piano. I remember him taking lessons way back when, but I never figured him for the type. I was awakened from an afternoon nap on Saturday to the sounds of Coldplay's Clocks. Apparently the boy's been downloading music sheets from the net and teaching himself how to play. Amazing (to me at least). And then he finished with his rendition of "Return to Zanarkand", a piece from FInal Fantasy X (which is quite complex, judging from the notations).

Like any good brother should be, I'm proud of him. Would have left the PS2 for him and my sis at home, but with the SPM trials weeks away, I figure I'll keep it with me a little longer, and give it to him when he's done. I should be able to get an Xbox by then.

Well, there's a house to clean, and cats to feed. See you folks later, and have a good Monday cuti!

|