Thursday, April 1

Take A Chance Take A Chance Take A Chan-Chance..

Okay, okay. So I know it's ABBA, and extremely uncool. Well, so's Olivia Newton John, but I like my 70s icons. It's been an exhausting week. Non stop work, running about looking for internet access (since the whole uni network is officially down due to a schmuck letting loose some kind of nasty worm) and thesis students who disappear on me all contributed to a very fast moving 7 days (one highlight of next week is me stringing the bloke from a tree and poking him with a pointed stick). Latest news is my parents coming down to have a weekend with me, which pretty much puts a dent into most of my plans for the end of the week. However, I'm not too upset, since I haven't seen them in awhile. Filial duties and all that. As an added plus, my brother will be spending a couple days with me. Yay! This means I have someone to put some multiplayer hurt on my Xbox. Mmmmm.

In other news, I've found a P2P search tool that DOESN'T have spyware! Thanks to Kevin of The Screen Savers, I am now happily enjoying safe and fast downloads with Warez. Yup, it's spelled exactly like that. There's a pretty good user base, and downloads are lightning fast. There's also a spiffy listen while you download feature that works pretty well. They DO caution you that this might be a trick by the RIAA in order to nab file swappers, so caveat emptor!

Finally, I've found that I'm fast approaching a condition I like to call relationship apathy (something I secretly blame on Jikon's posts). As time flies by, his posts make more and more sense to me. Looking around, I now realise that it's getting more impractical to hope and look for the elusive One. Not to say that this mythical person does not exist (since obviously some people have found him/her), but banking all my hopes on this person to magically whisk my troubles away is downright unrealistic and ultimately painful. So the solution (at least for now) is to simply pass through life amoeba-like and see if I can snag Miss The One For Now or Miss The One That Seems Like A Good Idea At The Time. There are no guarantees that I can even find these people, but hey, it's a lot better than forever holding out for The Ultimate One That Proves True Love Does Exist. Which brings me to...

Speed dating! Yes, thanks to TV Smith's recent post, I have been entertaining the idea for several days now. Even as I blog this, some friends of mine are finding out the details of this extremely intriguing idea and I'll be making plans to join the flock sometime in the coming weeks. I'm not really out to get me a date (or laid, for those of you who think I think of THAT only =P) but since the nature of my job makes it somewhat difficult to meet new people, I figure 5-10 minutes playing 20 questions with a group of strangers can't be ALL bad. The worst that can happen is someone thinks I'm really repulsive and keeps quiet. No worries there, for friends know I can talk, and talk, and talk. Fear of rejection? Not when you're not looking, heheh.

Well that's all for tonight. My arms are aching, and I wanna catch American Idol before it ends. Have a good Friday, people, be safe and God bless!

P/S: For those of you born AFTER 1980, the title of this post was taken from an old ABBA hit Take A Chance On Me. The End.





|