Sunday, May 16

Birthday Ox

Almost two days past turning 26, and other than the blazing hot weather that seems to want to punish everyone into submission ("Get used to it, it's the same where you're going," a friend says) I feel rather dandy. Er. Not sure if dandy is a right word in these fast moving politically sensitive times, but sod it. I feel very, very dandy.

Admittedly, there's a little ache in these joints (due to excessive partying my birthday night, followed by a mega workout session with my new Eye Toy) but so far it's a good kind of hurt. Friday night was an absolute blast, with friends old and new coming in, good food, raucous conversation (thanks to T-Boy), copious amounts of Ash-bashing (which was deserved, of course) and general all around fun. It turns out that CPK in KLCC is exactly the right kind of place to be in if you plan to have noisy conversation BUT still hear yourselves talk (many thanks to PY and the others who helped plan the whole shindig).

Still, how do I describe it? Breathless fun trying to keep up with the streams of conversation going about, and I was just happy soaking in the atmosphere that I didn't really want to go anywhere. Najah got to meet a fellow RMIT alumnus (who she insisted on asking weird questions of) Meesh finally got her revenge on me (with Shen helping) and Jo finally got to meet these mysterious blogger friends I always shoot off to see.

All in all, a good night indeed. I would have thought that alone would have been perfect, but then the presents appeared. Books, glorious books (think Gaiman!! and a Yakuza Movie guide!! Woohooo!!) from the bloggers and a brand spanking new Eye Toy (this is important for reasons I'll be explaining in a bit) from Jo and his crew.

So as the night went on and I was quite happy to retire, some of the resident Hot Blogger Women of PPS decided to take me out for a nightly spin in town. To cut a long story short, they actually had the courage to be seen with me as I showed off my rather...severely palsied dance moves (again I reiterate that I can't dance to save my life) and I owe these people several boatloads of thanks.

Of course, the next day, having recovered I set about testing my Eye Toy at Jo's house. Lo and behold this particular version he bought contained the dance game Groove (which I will be practicing very hard on, for obvious reasons). For those of you unfamiliar with the name, the Eye Toy is a peripheral for the PS2 that resembles a webcam. Plugged into the USB port of the console, it allows the users to interact with the console games like never before (it has to be seen to be believed trust me).

Anyway, the weekend's been exactly what the doctor ordered. I got to spend time with my friends, get some good lazy down time, and generally have all round fun. Now if you'll all excuse me, I have some Gaiman to read if I'm ever going to start on my Yakuza book.

To everyone I'd just like to say this: Thank you. It's been a long time since I felt that good, and I owe it all to you. All of you.

Cheers!


P/s: If you're interested in knowing what your birthday star REALLY is, give this site a visit.

|