Saturday, August 7

Saturday Night No Life

In anticipation of work tomorrow (convocation's here..grr) I thought I'd share some er..interesting bits and pieces of information that came through my RSS reader:

Thanks to Lockergnome's Search Engineer feed, I found this. It's called Copyscape, and it's powered by Google Alert technology. Simply put, you type in your URL and it searches the web for any sites that have copied your content without permission, even to the point of listing who's quoting what from you! Excellent tool to have around, especially since other forms of media seem to be looking to blogs for fresh material. Still in BETA for now, but worth a look.

Since not all of us have CIA passcodes, here's the next best thing. Index Mundi is a database of country profiles and facts, compiled from multiple up-to-the minute sources including the CIA World Factbook. Good for students, geeks or just about anyone interested in some statistics because.. you know, there's this thing called knowledge and I heard it's good for you, or something.

So why am I posting things like these on a Saturday night? Because I'm working tomorrow, and it's been a really tough week, that's why. Also, I thought it would be prudent to peel my arse off the video games for a couple minutes and post something of import for a change, before I get all depressed and wishy washy again (which seems to happen with some kind of regularity). One final link, in case you all think I'm no fun. Since games can be expensive, here's a link to about 70-odd free games you can download from the net, in most major categories. Think of it as my contribution to a less stressful work environment, or something. Till next week, cheers!

|