Friday, August 27

Stand Alone-Complex

A track on its own may not accomplish much.
A track, in combination with a powerful, powerful story, accomplishes everything, perhaps.

(Translated from the Cyrillic, and excerpted)

Angely i demony kruzhili nado mnoj

Rassekali ternii i mlechnye puti
Ne znaet schast'ya tol'ko tot,
Kto ego zova ponyat' ne smog

I am Calling
Calling now, Spirits rise and falling
Soboj ostat'sya dol'she
Calling
Calling, in the depth of longing
Soboj ostat'sya dol'she

Beskonechnyj beg
Poka zhiva ya mogu starat'sya na letu ne upast'
Ne razuchit'sya mechtat'
Lyubit'
Angels and demons were circling above me
Swishing through the hardships and starry ways
The only one who doesn't know happiness
is the one who couldn't understand his call

I am calling
Calling now, spirits rise and falling
To stay myself longer
Calling
Calling, in the depth of longing
To stay myself longer

Endless run
While I'm alive, I can try not to fall while flying
Not to forget how to dream
How to love

Taken from the OST to Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Lyrics: Origa/Shanti Snyder
Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop)
Vocals: Origa
Treble: Benedict Delmaestro (The London Oratory School Schola)


|