Tuesday, September 21

We Are Go On Dolby!

I've gone and done it.

I'm a thousand bucks and some change poorer, but right now, sitting in my living area is a brand new Pioneer HTZ323 Home Theatre kit. It's been a very good day. I'm almost giddy, and asides from a couple more tweaks to coax the most sound out of the baby, I think I'm good.

This is what they mean by retail therapy, I guess. Never mind that I'll have to watch the spending for the next couple months, but this baby has officially completed my very own personal A/V haven. Never again will I wonder what Black Hawk Down will sound like in 5.1 audio, or if the bullets passing Neo in the first Matrix movie will really almost clip me. If all goes well, my order of the Star Wars Original Trilogy Remastered Release, barely out two weeks in the US will be coming soon, and I can finally enjoy it the way Mr Lucas wanted me to.

Ahh.

The past couple hours have been good, mostly. My spending spree put me on a cautious high which was very much improved when I met a friend whom I'd not seen in a long while, and when I got home again the Pioneer was there looking all shiny and new, where I knew it'd be.

Sad, when one eschews human reliability with a surround sound system. I guess Mamoru Oshii must have pondered along the same lines when he directed Ghost In The Shell, and its sequel Innocence. Speaking of which, I got the first 13 episodes of Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig (finally!) and can't wait to see what else Motoko and the PPS9 crew will have to face.

So there we have it. Toys to take one's mind off of things.

As Cleo puts it: am I an adultscent?
I think I am, only lonelier.

Cheers, people.

|