Friday, November 19

Dead: One Router

You know, just when I thought things were going relatively alright, this happens:

It died on me. One moment it was alright, the next thing I knew none of the indicators were blinking. Fearing a connection problem, I tried my trusty old DSL modem. No problems there, so I power cycled the router. Zip, Zilch, Nada. My worst fears had come true: somehow the whole thing had just fizzled out.

Word of warning to anyone curious about these contraptions- try and avoid those USB combo routers. They're a bit iffy connection wise, and are prone to SRDS (Sudden Router Death Syndrome). The only solution I can come up with is to get it exchanged for a D-Link fully ethernet router (the one that died was an Aztech). I hope I can do this painlessly by today (else there will be a big explosion in the Bukit Bintang area).

In other news, I fear this blog has become somewhat stagnant. For the three readers (or are there only two now) I'd like to apologise for the obvious decrease in quality. Rest assured the management is working on rectifying this issue as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your patience, and hope you will return soon.

I just need to get this (and some other things) sorted out first. Heading back up north this weekend, so anyone coming back to KL: take it easy, and drive carefully.

Later.

|