Wednesday, November 17

Eid Aftermath

Back.

KL's deathly quiet, there's tons of work to do and I have classes to teach come next week. Before that, though there's a little matter of a side project I need to finish up in my apartment involving a router, some miles of CAT-5 cable, and the Xbox. Call it obsessiveness, but I wanna see what else Microsoft's little black box can do for my personal titillation. Yes, like Spongebob and his essay, I SO want to see what I can come up with tomorrow evening.

In other news, booting my RSS feeds shows me that several trillion posts have gone by in the past week or so that I've been gone. There are obligatory Raya posts, photofeeds, newsfeeds, deaths, births, more deaths...seems like there's a big restructuring going on somewhere, someplace and the world's gonna be seeing a lot of change..

which brings me to one last thing. Being outside of KL always draws into relief the gap that still exists between KL-ites, and The People Out There. Religious celebrations like the Eid are always an interesting time to watch for the little (and not so little) differences in ideology, culture and general way of life. It's a wake up call to the fact that as much as we'd like to think life revolves in the Klang Valley around our particular little existences, it doesn't.

There's a whole other world out there, with issues we'll probably only read about in the news, if ever. And some of them aren't pretty. At all.

Later, people.

|