Friday, January 7

Friday! Yes!

Busy rushing about today - I've got classes up the wazoo, but I still thought I'd share some nifty little links to my faithful readers.

Hello, there.

I've always been fascinated by Coffeelese (you know the pidgin pseudo latin they use in Starbucks) so when I came across this site (Link) I was very happy (thanks, BoingBoing!). I think it'll help the next time you need to step up to the counter and order something that'll make you look and sound a little.."in" it. Some examples:

Single Made with just one shot of espresso. This is the normal amount for all Tall-sized drinks except Mocha Valencias and Americanos.

Double Made with two shots. This is the normal amount for all Grande- and hot Venti-sized drinks except Mocha Valencias and Americanos. Also the normal amount for Tall-sized Mocha Valencias and Americanos.

Triple Made with three shots. This is the normal amount for Grande- and Venti-sized Mocha Valencias and Americanos. Also the normal amount for most iced Venti-sized drinks.

Quad Made with four shots. Hope you weren't planning on sleeping anytime soon.

Ristretto This is so rarely requested that even many baristas don't recognize it. A normal shot of espresso takes about twenty seconds to pull; a ristretto shot is stopped at fifteen seconds, making a slightly smaller, less bold shot.


OOkay. Looks like I have a little brushing up of my own to do. The next thing is something I'd love to try out on a partner, which I unfortunately do not have. T-shirt underwear (Link)! The site shows guys and girls how to craft personalised, cute little undies with just an old tshirt, elastic cord and some fabric; and they look quite cute as well (I'm using CUTE in a sentence? Bah!). I'm thinking if I get some practice now, I can actually make some in time for a couple birthdays this year...

Anyway. Have a good weekend, folks. I'm off.

-------------------------------------

If you're in the mood for a little giggling fun, try this (Link). It's good entertainment, for a few seconds.

|