Monday, April 7

Definitely NOT a good start to my week. Everything went well the first half of the day, leading me to believe this might be an occurrence of a rarity: a good Monday. Sure, the weather was hot (34 degrees!!) and much paperwork was to be done, but I felt like I could handle it. Until I got home. For some weird reason, the weather did an about face. Torrential rains poured down from the heavens threatening flash floods that could stop me from heading home. I braved it, however, went to fetch my sister from Carrefour (while buying dinner) and drove home in expectations of sitting down and enjoying my food. Alas, that was not to be. Thanks to my sister's ineptitude, my bedroom window which she left open, was blown by the wind and crashed against its frame which resulted in the glass shattering and said window frame hanging only by its hinges in an angle I can only describe as skewed. I'd post a picture, only I'm too damn poor to afford a digital camera.

So much for my Good Monday. I then had to call the landlord, who cheerily assured me it was in my best interests to pay for it, and then flip through the phone book for contractors... Was already hearing my money flap away...not to mention the 500 dollar deposit I'll have to put down before work of any kind can be done. Yes folks, seems like my sister has singlehandedly managed to almost ruin my whole month. Some consolation is to be gained, as a friend told me the actual cost of replacing the window shouldn't be that expensive. Am still keeping my fingers crossed, however. Seems like only yesterday I inserted that quote from Doug Adams about the whole things that can go wrong thing. How wonderful.

Well, that should be enough ranting for one post. And did I mention I'll have to skip work tomorrow? Strangely, I don't feel happy at all. Grr.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nick Diamos

|