Friday, April 4

Man, this site is really starting to piss me off. I'd just written a long piece this morning, and just as I hit Post, the whole page disappeared. How wonderful. I'd like to start again, but I'm not sure if I'm in the right frame of mind to do so. Anyway, here goes. I WAS in a good mood this morning, since it's a Friday and I'd already made plans to get off from work early (If you could only see my earlier post, you'd notice a definite mood swing.) Anyhoo.. was trying to decide between writing my first movie review, or just rambling along incoherently as I always do. Oh, and I even squeezed in a private message for my girlfriend. (I love her. Very much. Heheh). Since she constitutes 50 percent of my readership (the other 50 held by myself) I think it's more than allowable to post private messages once in a while. Don't like it? Go somewhere else. Or go see pictures of naked women here. Like I care.

Ahem. Well, before the review, let's enjoy a bit of a preamble, shall we? I've always loved movies and the process of making them. I honestly think that if I had the chance, I'd probably try and be a filmmaker. Like a good book, a good movie is a form of escape, and it's always obvious that the people involved put in a lot of time, effort and love into their product (Don't believe me? Look up a copy of the first Evil Dead movie on DVD. See how Sam Raimi, his brother Ted and the King Himself, Bruce Campbell made a cheap college movie into magic.) Besides, I grew up watching Leonard Maltin (in the 80s), then Siskel and Ebert in the 90s. I may not have agreed with ALL their opinions, but they taught me at an early age that a critical mind dissing a really bad movie makes very good entertainment. I know there's an overload of sites on the Web nowadays that offer movie reviews. I don't intend to compete. What I DO intend is to periodically post reviews of movies I particularly like or dislike. Besides, it's good writing practice. Hopefully I'll muster enough courage (and experience) to one day submit one to a publication. Okay, preamble done. On with the review, I say!

|