Friday, April 4

Hello again, blog. The weather's so hot here. Am actually sweating at 11 pm! Have just gotten back from dinner with my girlfriend's cousins and aunt. Was quite good, since I haven't seen them in awhile. Got caught in a huge jam on the way back, largely caused by a freak accident involving about 4 cars. The fact that their owners chose the middle of the road to settle their differences didn't help, either. Knowing the wonderful, caring attitude of society here, everyone went out of their way to ensure that the maximum amount of nuisance was caused by their slowing down (not to help, mind you) to gawk.

As I drove up to my apartment block, I realised again how the smallest details can unlock a whole flood of memories. I was daydreaming (or is it nightdreaming) the whole way up. I'd been living in this apartment for close to 2 years, and the majority of times, I've always driven (or walked, during the early days) up with my girlfriend. I parked, got out of the car, and stood for several seconds before I realised that I was waiting for her to shut the door on her side before locking it. I said it before, and I'll say it again. Old habits die really, really hard. If they ever isolate the chemical processes that make people miss their loved ones, I'll gladly pay to be able to understand it. I realised that during the past 2 years, we've spent so much time together in the car that it's become an extension of our lives. We've fought, made up, kissed and cried in my little white car..and I don't know if I can ever let it go. Selling it seems like such a remote possibility..but I don't know.

I always make it a point to thank God for technology. Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to take it if I couldn't talk to her or hear from her for a day. She's become so ingrained in my life that every other reaction or thought would probably go "Hey, she'd love this!" Some may call it obsession, but to me..it works. Urgh..am getting sleepy. I don't think I'm making any sense. If you're reading this, princess, I love you. For all the messes I've ever made in my life, there must be something I did right cause I got you.

G'night, world. Tomorrow.

|