Tuesday, June 3

Yawn. Final update before I hit the sack. Been a tiring, but interesting day. Spent most of it in Putrajaya, visiting the PM's office and what not. Would have been very nice actually, if it hadn't been for the irresponsibility of some of those present. Anyway, as a result of their wonderful actions, ended up arriving home at 7 o' clock. Missed the chance to meet my parents. However, the day did end on a nicer note: as I went to collect the camera from my uncle's house, I met my older cousin, his wife and kid. Haven't seen em in ages, and was the first time I saw the kid. Cute young boy by the name of Daniel. Here's where it got strange..the moment he saw me, he reached out and sat quietly on my lap. For about half an hour. My sis quickly took some pics..will probably post them soon.

It occurred to me then that it was perhaps the most peaceful moment I had in the past couple months. Every thing else seemed to fade away, and it was just me cradling a child..sharing a quiet moment. I know it sounds weird, but it was beautiful. I don't get many such moments anymore..but that will definitely go into the memory palace. It's only fitting. Thanks, Daniel. You wouldn't know it, but you helped your uncle Ash sleep better tonight.

Tomorrow folks..got a very busy wednesday ahead.

|