Tuesday, July 15

The Dice Are Loaded, Thank You

Another Tuesday. Funny how time moves so fast nowadays. Measuring time in blog posts, we move from entry to entry, reading, reacting, commenting. Other people's lives we see. Other people's hopes, dreams, worries, achievements and of course, follies. How wonderful it is when we do not have to think of our own pain. How easy it is to sink.

I am 25 this year.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Have always played it safe, studied reasonably well, stayed out of trouble (well at least as far as my parents know..shh) and generally been..okay. So now I'm faced with a choice: stay on at the university, find a scholarship for my PhD and fly next year..and return to confirmed tenure (read: bonded for another 7 years); or wait it until my bond ends come 2006 and generally start out from there. I've been asked what I intend to do after I quit. I honestly have no idea.

Self improvement is masturbation. Self destruction is the key.
Tyler Durden, The Fight Club

Perhaps I shall apply for a scholarship to the UK, finish my doctorate. Maybe even work there. A good friend told me that's quite a viable little idea. And then, what? People like to ask. For once in my life, I say I don't know, and I like it that way. Too much planning already, maybe it's time I took a little gamble. It may even be good.

Yeah.

Tea. scones, crumpets, jam tarts, Tussaud's, London Eye, Hyde Park.

Here I come.

Woooo.


|