Saturday, July 12

Good Times

Awesome.

Forty years down the line, if anyone asks me what it was like tonight, on the 11th of July, going out with some of the (again, awesome) bloggers, my answer would be the same:

It was awesome.

Hani, Racheal, KaZ, Meesh, Khalil. I couldn't have asked for better company. And I got my butt pinched. Twice. And hugs! Wonderful hugs! But then again, let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Khalil (wonderful person that he is) drove all the way to me apartment from Bangi. Me being me, I was dawdling when I should have been getting ready. Nevertheless, I quickly fetched him, made him comfortable in front of the telly, and quickly showered and dressed (my shirt already ironed earlier on). Then it was a quick trip to the bank, and then on to fetch Hani from Midvalley, where she was waiting. I have to apologise to Khalil for making him look at me in only a towel. I'm sure he wasn't counting on that as part of the package. Heheh.

Fetched Hani looking very fetching indeed (lucky I'd made the car somewhat clean). Off we went to Bangsar, where surprisingly the road was very very clear. Must have been the fact that it was so darn early. Faced our first challenge minutes upon entering Bangsar: parking. My spatial abilities rate slightly higher than an infant koala, but with Khalil's masterful direction, managed to squeeze in between a rock and a hard place. Okay, I lied. Between another Kancil and a car I forget because it's just not important.

Since Khalil had not yet had dinner (poor bloke!) we decided to show him the somewhat famous Nasi Lemak Lee near the Jolly Green Giant. He quite enjoyed it, tucking into the nasi with gusto as we waited for KaZ and Meesh to arrive. A lot of phone calls followed, and we talked for a bit as I tried (unsuccesfully) to tell them where we were. Imagine our surprise as Meesh told us Racheal was already there! And barely 5 minutes after she arrived, looking drop dead gorgeous in yummy black number. She'd been in Vintages with a friend, and I got my first hug of the night. Yay!

Anyway, KaZ soon arrived, looking all enforcer-like. I definitely AM gonna try and get him on my paintball team, hehehe. And so the four of us made our way to Vintages where Racheal and her friends were, and not long after, Meesh also arrived. Okay folks, let me get this straight. Blogger girls. Are. Hot. Repeat after me. Blogger. Girls. Are. Hot. Good. Oh, and I got my second hug of the night. Yay!

And so after much hemming and hawwing, we decided to go to Shadows. Yours truly, of course was still quaking in his jeans (moi? dance? eek?). Us being guys, gratuitious cover charge was quickly taken care of. Grr. Had a bit of fun when the girls had to show their ID. As we trooped upstairs, realised Rach was missing, and I went downstairs to look for her. Can never be too careful, and besides, for some reason, I felt responsible.

Shadows. How do I describe it? Not being an active clubber myself, I think I can still say this: it was..different. I'd been to some places in KL proper, and they all had a certain atmosphere that this one somehow... lacked. But I digress. I think I'm not exaggerating when I say Meesh, Hani and Rach were supremely wonderful. Now personally, I have the dance moves of a Pinocchio on LSD. Read: Chickens dance better than I do. However, Hani and the gang outdid themselves in making us guys feel right at home. I don't think I can stress this enough: Thank You, Girls. Thank You Oh So Much. KaZ being KaZ, I have to hand it to him. That brother is smooth. Tres cool.

So in the course of the (attempted) dancing, we had fun. Especially me. After a while the crowd got somewhat...well..distasteful, and we decided to beat a hasty retreat. And yes, somewhere during that time, I got my butt pinched. Twice. So did Hani. Poor girl. (For the record, I don't mind having my butt pinched at all). Near the end, Racheal, Meesh and KaZ had to leave, and there was just me, Hani and Khalil. We then decided coffee was in order, and so spent some time sipping in Coffee Bean.

Good times, definitely good times. Before I end this rambling post, just let me say: you girls (and guys) were great. Thanks for accommodating us geeko-guys, and making us all feel so welcome. Hani (I swear) was spending more time fretting over us than dancing, and I owe her eternally for that. Thanks also for bearing with my somewhat weird-zone moves, and also for being, IMHO, very bloody great company.

It is nearly 3.30 am now, and I must end this post. Here's to a wonderful night with wonderful people. Am a very happy puppy. And did I mention I got hugged a lot?

G'night folks!







|