Saturday, August 9

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down

Hi folks. Just got back from what I think was the best thing to happen in awhile: The Official Racheal's Blogger Farewell Party. I was a bit undecided about going in the first place, since I'd be rushing off from several different places the whole day, most noticeably to the night class I would be teaching. But after it finished, I thought I'd like to check it out anyway (since this will be the last I'll see of Rach for awhile). And it was worth every stressful minute looking for a parking spot in the middle of Bangsar, worth every minute of the horrendous jam from HKL.

It was fabulous. Exactly what I needed after a long week. Meesh, Hani, Rach (delicious as ever), Jae (w00t), Graxue, Khalil, KaZ, Vladimir, Aiz and Baizura..and all the others I forget to name..it was good clean fun. Well, at least I thought it was. I don't think I've laughed that hard since I came back from Langkawi. It was several parts crazy, several hilarious, and also some downright sexy moments (you know who you are..heheeh). Thanks a whole bunch, guys and girls, you really made this Che-Gu's night (and week, actually).

As I write, I'm tempted to think of how fast time flies, and how soon some stories end, even if they only do so temporarily. Rach's stories here will be on hold for awhile, as she returns to that far away country..and honestly, we'll all miss her. The fairy girl in white, always hyper, always hugging, always always Rach. She taught me some things I didn't know, and reminded me of others I forgot. For all that, I'll always be grateful, and you're always welcome back here, you crazy girl. I just hope the poem was a gift enough :-(.

There were laughs, screams, pictures (oh my, the pictures), more laughs, hugging..smiling, winks. I was in sensory heaven, as I'm sure some of you heard me boisterously proclaim. Christmas in August! I said. The compilation of all my certain dreams in one spot..hehhee. I wished I never had to go back. Anyways, life has a way of checking in on you when you've been out too late, and like Cinderelly, I hurried back to finish some work, before my little pumpkin burst.

So here's to friendships (old and new, lost and found). Here's to pictures and yelling and naughty antics. Here's to the White Queen, flitting about, dropping fairy dust, dimpling her way into our hearts. Here's to more meetups, and more shared laughs and tears. And finally, here's to life. Wonderful, glorious life. For all my complaining and whining this past week, I now realise that some things...are just worth working for.

Good night, Rach ( have a safe trip, miss you already ).

Good night, friends.

God bless us all.


|