Thursday, December 11

I Have My Own Country Now, Mwahahah!

Hello, people.

Just got back from the second part of my Tascam audio mixing workshop. Interesting, especially from a geek's viewpoint. Plus the knowledge that there's a full-fledged (well, as near full fledged as it can get) audio and video editing solution near my office gives me extra incentives to come to work. And that can only be a good thing, heheh.

Anyway, got a nice little surprise in my inbox today. Jennifer Government is an online nation building game based on Max Barry's novel. To start off, you choose a name for your country, a flag, and your basic political leanings. Every day or so, an issue will pop up in the cabinet, and your choices will affect your country's economic, social, and political achievements. You can also vote for a delegate to represent the region your country is in (the South Pacific, for me) and have discussions among fellow nation-states including declarations of war, peace or why you think the llama makes a good national animal. Still unsure how it works? Give the site a visit, or read about Azshlan, my little island in paradise.

It looks promising and gives a chance for us armchair politicians to see if we've got what it takes to run a nation. Heck, it's still funny anyways (since there's a strong RPG-esque flavour here). So if you think you've got what it takes to be king/despot/sultan/what have you, come on in and join the fun!

|