Monday, December 15

Options, Options!

Another Monday finds the Ox back at work (slightly late) but suitably refreshed after what can be termed a somewhat relaxing weekend. Friday was a mad dash in and out of campus, as a much-missed visitor came down to visit. It also saw me in a frantic almost-buying spree in Midvalley, as I experienced wave after wave of shopping goodness (I didn't buy anything however, proof of the insane amounts of self control I have to exert). I saw many, many heavenly things, so much so my Taurean side almost lost its mind.

Note to self: Midvalley is dangerous to the wallet. And oh, no one'd better buy that leather jacket from Zara, lest I kill myself.

Ahem.

Friday evening was even better, since after experiencing first hand taking 3 hours to travel from Subang Jaya to Bangsar, we managed to secure a nice leetle spot in Paprika's (also known as Racheal's Bordello) to have a much needed dinner. And did I say it didn't stop there? Not one but TWO wonderful ladies graced the evening with their presence and more than made up for last weekend's disaster, heheh. To the both of you, the Ox will be eternally grateful. Finally, to top it off, there was nice music and good conversation (yum!) in Vintages which to me at least, constitutes a pretty much awesome beginning to the weekend (did I mention I met TV Smith? I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed, and was reduced to meaningless whimpers...)

And that was only Friday. The rest of the weekend pretty much zoomed by, and for the first time in months I felt quite alive again. Not as alive as "B. Jones, wanton sex goddess with extremely nasty man between her thighs" alive, but suitably so. Enough that I actually bounced to work this morning (note: this in no way alludes to the way I drive). Ever since I clocked in today, I've been bombarded with:

5 students whose final year projects I'm supervising (the other 7 thankfully didn't show)
34 emails in my Yahoo! inbox
Shooting off another several emails to various prospective supervisors in universities abroad (including Sydney! Yay!)
Another 20 emails in my office inbox
Notes to complete for my 3 o'clock class
One blog entry
AirAsia tickets for a leetle mini break
5 exams to invigilate (which translates to days off, heheheeh)

and diverse other amusements. It's prolly going to be a v. busy month for the ol' Ox, so I apologise before hand if the updates are slow in coming (and notice I use "s" in apologise and other words of its ilk. So I'm a snob. I drink with my pinky out too, LoL). Till then, have a good week, stay careful if you can't be good...and good luck with the Xmas Shopping!

*wink, wink*

|