Monday, December 22

What's The Word That Means Time Is Happening?

Reading Gaiman's Sandman definitely does things to your head.

Having received the final few instalments of the celebrated series from my benefactor, I quickly dug into the first of them with the result that I began to view everything that happened this weekend in a very Gaiman-esque (read: weird, sometimes moody) light. As some of you may have noticed from my phlog, I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma (but then again, aren't we all?). The line between Desire and Responsibility is a hard one to make out, and sometimes we cross them inadvertently. Where does one stop and the other begin? Is common sense truly enough? And when is a risk ever safe?

Oh man. I feel like a dozen construction workers are hard at work with HUGE sledgehammers in some part of my feebly functioning grey matter. Ugh.

Good form dictates that I shouldn't even be thinking of attempting what I'm about to do. On the other hand, I've been such a clean cut good boy most of my life that frankly, I'm starting to get sick and tired of it. I've lost count of how many times for the sake of "good sportsmanship" I step back and let things (and people) go, only to regret my "correct" actions painfully later. I realise I'm still (relatively, at least) young, and that once in awhile it's perfectly alright to make mistakes.

So, while JC (aka my conscience) does attempt to make noise from time to time, I figure it's worth a shot, just to see if I've got it in me. This may be folly and it may even be painful, but I figure we ought to make use of all the shots we can get, 'cause if it's one thing I've learnt in the past year is that some opportunities have to be made. They don't come a-knocking anymore.

To answer the question at the beginning of today's entry: it's Change.

Read of the week: Gaiman's Endless Nights, and Herobear and The Kid (yay!)

She don't want to be alone
So they just keep pouring in
Pretty soon they've got her heading for the door
She comes home to find they cannot hang around no more
...
She says, 'I'm ok, its alright, hey look what do
we want to do tonight?'
She says, 'I'm alright, I just can't get home
tonight.'

Counting Crows, She don't want anyone near

|