Friday, March 19

Okay, So It's Over, Geddit?

I give up. Barely one day into my supposed break from blogging, and I find that I don't need it. Not anymore. I feel kinda stupid about announcing to the world about the supposed hiatus and yet not even lasting one day but heck, I don't give a shit. The truth of the matter is, there's nothing to take a break from. The only thing I was trying to run away from was myself.

No amount of soul searching will give me the answers I want. What it does is give me the facts as they are. Admittedly they're not pretty, but if everything was all sweetness and light all the time, I don't think I'd be able to handle it, either. So here it is, folks. The hiatus (or the farce that called itself one) is over. Finito. Done.

The Ox is back online. Not better than ever, not leaner or meaner, but just back. He's not even bitter. What he is, is what he's always been: a sometimes full-of-himself bloke who likes to think he knows something about this loan called life God gave him. Simple as that. There are no profound truths to be found (unless of course you happen to know something I don't) and if it's pearls of wisdom you're after, you're better off plunging your head somewhere into the sea near the coast of Japan. The game plan right now in also quite elementary (not to be confused with alimentary): survive, and make the best of this short ride I can.

So expect the usual angry, sometimes somnolent rants. Expect more reviews of movies sane people would not be paid to watch. Expect long tirades on the nature of love, life (especially as a Singleton) death, sex (or the lack of it) and whatever it is that passes through the grey matter between my ears. Expect stupid opinions on things I have no grasp of (punctuated with the odd burst of vulgarity) and as always, expect that Bovrilesque flavour that the Ox brings.

So welcome, friends and strangers. Dust off your mouse pads and check in with me every day or so. There'll always be something here. It may not be vanilla, but then again, you're not here for that, are you?

I thought not.

|