Saturday, March 20

Pompadourrrs and Dutch Nurses

Fudge (no points for guessing what I really wanted to say). I just finished writing an unsually cheery review of my evening out at shopping and the movies, but then Streamyx decided to disappear on me, resulting in nothing in my post window. Thank you oh so freakin much (yes yes I know I should have copied and pasted, but hey).

So anyway, before my newfound grumpiness affects me again, let me just reiterate: It was a bloody good evening with good company, a little shopping done and topped off with a movie that just made my day. I managed to go book hunting, with the pleasant result of getting Jennifer Government (damn it's good) and finding another Brit author I'll add to my collection: David Lodge. The bloke writes books about academics and their adventures (most of them carnal). Nice to know even us boring old lecturers can get some if we want, even if it's only in fiction.

We were planning to catch Something's Gotta Give, but to my complete consternation the Malaysian moviegoing public decided to surprise me yet again by completely buying every single ticket to that and Big Fish. Luckily I had my trump card: Ja Zuster Nee Zuster, the Dutch musical I've been aching to watch since last November. Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, may end up being one of the best movies nobody has seen this year. It's nothing too ambitious: just a feel good musical tale of a nurse with a heart of gold and her measly landlord. There are elephants, trapeze artists (amazing how I always spell that as artits first, yup I know where MY brain is, do YOU?), singing in the rain and hairdressers with humoungous pompadours. If this sounds even vaguely appealing to any of you, I'd urge you to catch this little comedic gem before it ends its run (which is probably Monday morning).

Right. I even managed to get myself a shirt from Topman, which some of you MAY be able to see me in tomorrow morning, hahah (I wanted to get some more stuff, but my dear wallet was heartbreakingly empty). So with a new shirt, a new book and roughly about 90 minutes of laughter, I can safely say (in my best Simon Cowell impression) that today has been one of the best Fridays I've seen, no doubt about it. What could have been an absolutely horrendous Friday night has been turned into quite the opposite.

It's 1 'o clock on a Saturday morning, and I'm ready to hit the sack with Jennifer. So have yourselves a good weekend, and hopefully most of you'll be sober come Sunday morning. I heard there's a voting thing going on. Some hullaballoo around it (though why it's so beats me). Later!

|