Friday, March 5

Researchers Ahoy!


I dunno if anyone of you out there's ever received this before, but I found it freakin' hilarious (maybe cause I think I'm guilty of the same). It's an email containing popular research phrases and their meanings. I'll paste some of the gems here:

Research Phrase:
"While it has not been possible to provide definite answers to these questions..."

Actual Meaning:
"An unsuccessful experiment, but I still hope to get it published..."

Research Phrase:
"These results will be shown in a subsequent report..."

Actual Meaning:
"I might get around to this sometime if I'm pushed."

Research Phrase:
"It is clear that much additional work will be required before a complete understanding of the phenomenon occurs..."

Actual Meaning:
"I don't understand it."

Anyone else who thinks this is funny (and would like a copy) lemme know. Don't worry, all mail will be virii and worm-free. Enjoy your Friday!

|