Thursday, February 26

Monty Python And The Surprise Wedding

Yesterday was a day of surprises, it seems. For one thing, when I got back from work (after driving through what can only be described as a horrendous storm) there was a nice package in my mailbox. Inside was something I never thought I'd have: the complete soundtracks to Monty Python's Life of Brian and the Meaning of Life. These are not only songs, mind you. Imagine the complete dialogue track plus songs (of course) in a whole CD. Though not many may understand why I like them so much, having the soundtracks (in addition to both DVDs) means I can now take the Pythons anywhere I go. Yay!

(Thank you, dear. You know who you are.)

The second surprise was on a different note. An old friend came up from Malacca to see me and to bring the news that a mutual friend (and former classmate) had gotten married in secret some time ago, and was inviting us to his reception this Saturday. It didn't strike me as being too significant until I realised that my Malacca friend who works in the same department ALSO just found out, resulting in his being more than slightly pissed. Apparently the season of marriage is forever upon us.

Anyhow, we decided that we would go, as a matter of principle. Only problem now is, I don't have a batik shirt. Gah. For some reason it completely escaped my mind to get a new one last year. Right. The thing's on Saturday, and tomorrow's Friday. Anyone got any spare batik shirts I could borrow? I'll be very careful, promise :)

|