Sunday, April 18

Sated, Yet Not

Wonderful weekends shouldn't end, I thought this as I drove home after an impromptu meet late this afternoon with some blogger-friends of mine. The company was loud (as usual) the coffee strong, and the conversation excellent. I don't think I could have asked for very much more. The Ox likes his pleasures simple, though they always turn complicated for some weird reason. And I have also learnt another important lesson: always be careful of mineral water prices. They can kill. Really.

Early this morning I sent my brother off to the Puduraya Bus terminal, for him to catch a bus home. He'd been spending the past couple weeks with me and it was only last night that I realised how close we've been getting in the past few years. As we chatted before we slept, he was downloading and playing songs from video games we'd played as kids, and it struck me at being amazing how we could still relate to almost every level from every game we'd ever played together, just from listening to the songs. There was Ninja Gaiden III and all those NES games we used to borrow from our friends...

It occurred to me then as I realised he'll be starting his matriculation/A levels soon, and if he does get the scholarship he's applied for, I am going to miss him very very much. He may not be my confidante, but he's been my partner in crime since we were both kids experimenting with Lego bricks. Always smarter than I'd ever been, he's got a bright future ahead of him. And right now, whatever society may say about video games making kids violent, I know for a fact that in the case of my siblings at least, they're dead wrong.

There's my sister, who concentrates solely on platform and driving games, my other sister who's an RPG freak and me and my brother, who are both what we like to call cross genre gamers (although if he were here he'd interject and say I hardly finish my games, whereas he usually finishes them all). We get excited when a game is coming out, and we trawl the same sites looking for clues and guides. Strange how things work out sometimes.

So it's almost midnight, and it's been a good week, and an even better weekend (even with all the work). Tomorrow's a brand new day, and I guess I'm a little curious to see what this week brings.

Drive safe, people..and God bless.

Song of the day: Swallowed, Bush

|