Friday, November 19

Rambles. Friday.

My, how time flies. All of a sudden it's November, there's the new semester peeking through next week (entailing the loss of most of my weekends in December), more fiscal commitments that I have to adjust for (this time it's one I can't run away from, but more details later) and there's an odd feeling of an almost imperceptible moving. I can't explain it. It's as if something's changed irrevocably somewhere and it's sending some sort of signal me-ward. The sad thing is, I have no idea what it is (although to be fair, if I did know it would take out a whole lot of fun out of it, hence the way the Universe works). All I can say is that right now it feels like there's something in the pit of my stomach, a mixture of dread and anticipation, but of what?

Anyway. I can't wait for Bridget Jones 2. There's something just so inherently justifiable about Colin Firth beating the crap out of Hugh Grant's character in the first one that makes that scene rank as one of my personal favourites. Of course, that I am slightly sadistic goes without saying, and having read both books in the series I'm just curious to see how the celluloid version pans out (especially if Hugh Grant gets his arse kicked, I like that).

The only trouble with this scenario is that as a certified Singleton I'll either have to download it or watch it on DVD much, much later. Date movies are all fine and dandy if you've actually got a date to go with - but at this point in time the notion's pretty much something I'm putting on the backburner, and this particular burner's about a couple hundred miles down my priority list.

Which brings me to an interesting question someone asked me earlier today:

"What the hell you doing spending so much time fiddling with your Xbox and LAN, when there's so many other things you can do, mate?"

Short answer: I just don't feel like doing any of those other things.

Long answer: Refer to short answer, and sprinkle liberally words like "priority", "issues", "general malaise" and "fear of commitment".

Well, when all's said and done, my apartment right now is almost perfect (and I say almost because there still needs to be some clearing of stuff to be done) as my personal geek pad. The broadband's on, the Xbox is a fully functional media player that reads all the media I stream to it from the PC, I can play my games and watch my DVDs on the surround setup...

Heck. It's almost like I'm in some obscure real life version of the Sims. Now all that's next is to build up my Social meter.......

|