Sunday, January 9

Gay Aphrodisiacs, and Other Goodies

Oh my God. It's been such an excellent Sunday.

In fact, for some people who are in the know, it's been absolutely 'banging'. But that aside, not only did I get to spend an extremely fun time having breakfast with some very wonderful people, I also finally got to sit down and watch the first season of 24 I got from eflix (Link). I remember I started around 3 pm, and after my sis joined in we went straight on till about 630 (or somewhere around episode 9).

Needless to say, I'm glad I have the entirety of season 1 at hand (not to mention season 2 on the way); else I don't know how I'd be able to handle the tension - it's that good. I am sorely tempted to post a review of Kung Fu Hustle, but keeping in the Sunday spirit, I think I'll just say two words:

Go watch.

I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard without feeling guilty. So whilst waiting for myself to pick my brains up, gather them nicely and post actual content, here are some little bits that found themselves in my bloglines (Link). Nice way to wrap up a Sunday, if you ask me.

Sure. Everyone wants a PDA. But not everyone can afford one, especially if the nature of our lives aren't THAT busy, yet. Here via BoingBoing is something pretty intriguing for us techy masses out there: the Hipster PDA (Link). All we need is a stack of file cards and a binder clip. Trust me, it's that easy. And then, just when we've finished thanking the Gods of USB for thumbdrives, out pops another little add-on: the SD card with a USB interface, courtesy of Sandisk (Link). No more hassle copying your pics from the camera; slide a little notch on the SD card to reveal a USB connector, slot it in the PC, and you're good to go.

I swear I love technology. Last but not least, here's something that'll make you think twice about NOT buying those gas masks of the 'net. The US's Freedom of Information Act has recently revealed that up till 1994 at least the government has been actively involved in developing a chemical that; when dropped on enemy troops make them want to have sex with each other (Link).

In short - a gay aphrodisiac. Now while some may debate the merits of employing such "non-lethal" technology, I just wonder how long we have to wait until someone somewhere decides to make a consumer level variant, even unofficially. I'd even wait a little for the straight version - if that's at all possible.

Hmmm. Anyway, I'm off for now. Tomorrow's a brand new day, and I think I can slot in another 2 episodes of 24 tonight, at least.

See you Monday, folks.

|