Tuesday, April 22

The vagaries in Malaysian weather really lets our meteorologists earn their pay. At last count, it rained exactly 5 times in the space of a single day. I'm no whiz at geography (as my favourite teacher knows) but 5 times in a single day with threats of repeats? Definitely belongs in the Fortean Times. Otherwise, been an okay day. Had my faith in the education system somewhat restored when I found out in class that the students can speak English. Interesting, given that I've long given up on these Uni students grasping anything that's not served on a silver platter, preferably dressed in BM. This day has been particularly short..not that I'm complaining. Life moves along as usual stately pace..but for now, am just happy to still be alive. And while we're on THAT topic..

There was a short period during this past week I thought of something I never thought I would: death. And while the thought of suicide absolutely abhors me, during those few days more than once I found myself wondering how easy it would be to just let go of the steering wheel..and let inertia do its job. I was disgusted with myself..but I know now that I was also tired, sad and frustrated. Won't say I've gotten completely better, but for now I think it's safe to say that I'll be harbouring no more thoughts of dying..at least not for the next month or so.

Urgh. Morbid thoughts. On a lighter note, Pinquin (the misfit) was found cuddling up with the kittens last night, cleaning them. The fact that their real mother watched on almost disinterestedly was a good sign. Maybe she'll stop being such an angry cat and start behaving like a real pet. I guess I'll never cease to be amazed at what life can throw at me. Yeah, read somewhere that depressives alternate between extreme highs and lows..pretty much describes me nowadays..although for the life of me I don't THINK I'm depressed. Well, only time will tell.

That's it for today, I think. Need some time for me. Bye, folks!

|