Saturday, April 19

Well, here it is. The last post for today. Just came back from dinner with my girl(friend)'s parents. They were nice enough to invite me to accompany them to Friday's. Had a wonderful, wonderful dinner and a nice long chat afterwards. I was totally unprepared for what I felt the whole of this evening: utter sadness. Not through any fault of theirs, however. They were wonderful, as always. I guess it was the strain of having to pretend that everything's okay with me and their daughter that pushed me over. Sorry folks, I KNOW I promised not to moan and whine anymore. Just one more time, okay?

We had a nice chat about the world in general, life and also their daughter. They kept asking me how she was, how things were between both of us, how many times she called a day and so on. I smiled, grit my teeth and lied. I told them things were fine, that we kept in touch a lot, and that life in general was great. I didn't see any sense in dragging them into my problems. They're about some of the best people I know..and I wasn't about to break their hearts. At one point, I was so tempted to just tell them everything and be done with it..but I didn't see what good it would have done. Her brother knew something was up, though..and started asking me questions. I answered them as evasively as I could. He's smart, though..and very perceptive. Good kid. Now just hope I can keep this up..

So there we go. Just a short whining session. Tomorrow's graduation day, I got my digital camera..and work's starting to look up. So why am I still so unhappy? Maybe some questions better unanswered. Sleepy now...better turn in. Goodnight.

|