Sunday, June 22

Hi people. Am finally back after an extended weekend. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the dough to have me own server, OR be lucky enough to be in the states where textamerica resides. Imagine blogging from your mobile device. Snapped a photo? Post in online, and add comments later. It's almost impossible NOT to blog. Anyhow, the break these past few days was good. Had to rush quite a bit, since me modem decided to fry on friday. Yeah. Fell asleep the afternoon, and the biggest lightning bolt I've seen in awhile struck my apartment, rendering me awake, but unfortunately destroying my DSL modem. Since I DO consider my modem slightly less important than my aorta, I decided to spend 300 bucks getting a new one. Yes, and I am now officially poor.

A big thanks to the commenters and taggers. Seems like I struck a nerve somewhere. I agree, the education system has its downsides, but in the end, you can't blame everything on the system. It's easy to point fingers, but never so to actually start something. Which is what, in a way I hope this group may catalyse. IMHO, it's the individual that needs to change. Our ministry has to stop changing education ministers every few weeks, too. It may take a long time, and personally I doubt I'll live to see a change happening. This thing is bigger than just me, you or some school. This needs people, actual living, thinking people who are in the profession and outside to sit down and think of how to salvage what's left of our kids. As for the system, we'll get to that too.

Ugh. I hate to talk shop during the weekends. Anyway, even though we were hampered by the rain, I still managed to get some swimming lessons in. There's something just irresistible about the pool at 8 am. There's almost no one, and there's no sound except my breathing, and the rush of water flowing past my ears. Am I mad? Perhaps.

Updates resume tomorrow, people. Right now, am waiting for my parents to visit. Urk. That means clean up day. Later.


|